Dobro Dosli!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

I have been a busy girl lately, traveling and playing hostess. Two weeks ago I met a friend in Rome for a long, girls weekend. We had an absolute blast! Lots of walking, talking, sightseeing, drinking wine, and shopping. My bank balance was greatly depleted thanks to this trip, but it was well worth it because I really felt like myself again. I don't know if it was leaving Montenegro, seeing an old friend (who I realized I have known since my first day in college!), or visiting such a fantastic city, but I returned feeling refreshed and rejeuvenated.

The week passed quickly and on Friday, I went to pick up a friend from the airport. She was in Western Europe on business and arranged to come and spend the weekend with me. This was a wonderful gesture that I appreciate greatly. L was enchanted by Montenegro. It was interesting to see Montenegro and Podgorica from her eyes. L pointed out some things that I have ignored previously. There are always people out on the streets walking, sitting in cafes, and chatting with each other. She loved the food (I still can't agree with you there L) but maybe that is because she can eat dairy products? And we both love the 1.50 euro beer... It was nice to show someone around and introduce them to Montenegro.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Still enjoying your writings and see your changing perspective---all good. Also note numerous others who read your blog and seek your input. Waiting for more photos and more stories. Enjoy your special day. Miss you! HBD!
    ---Mamikanka

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello American in Montenegro! I am an American in Belgrade! I found your blog while searching randomly online for americans living in SCG. Just wondering what you are doing in Montenegro, how you ended up there, and other fun things like that. I've been here since the beginning of May and I really love Belgrade a lot. Where are you from in America? I'm from Indianapolis. Anyway, hope to hear from you sometime! Have a good weekend!
    Jenn

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a great time with you in Rome, too! But, what if it's just around the corner?!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker